This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Eve

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Christmas Eve

Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Eve

IMG_90861

Adam and Ava decided to give me another one of my presents early since Adam thought I might like to use it some. Of course I was excited and Ava was excited just to be opening another gift.

IMG_90871

I have to say Adam did an excellent job wrapping the present, I was impressed when he handed it to me, it was complete with a bow and ribbon!

So what was it? A new lens for my camera, as if I needed another reason to take pictures? haha! I was excited he let me have it early!

IMG_90911   

For as long as I have been alive and probably even before we have always had Christmas Eve at Memaws. I remember being almost as excited about Christmas Eve as I was for Christmas morning. I remember leaving Memaws and looking for Santa’s sleigh in the sky and just hoping to catch a glimpse of Santa and his reindeer!  Over the years things have changed, we no longer do a play telling the Christmas story, mainly because the kids were all grown. We also have moved from Memaw’s house to the great room above the store. It is the only time of the year our entire family is together and I absolutely love it!

This year was an exception to that, Memaw wasn’t with us. Because of her health, they decided to not bring her this year. It would have been to hard on her with all the excitement and people and noise. It was great to have everyone together, but Memaw was missed greatly.

IMG_91871

Caden gave Ava this beautiful Barbie dress :) She loves it along with the matching Barbie shoes. Did I mention that both the shoes and the dress light up? Yes! Every little princess’ perfect dress up attire- anything that sparkles and lights up!

IMG_91911

I started the tradition of buying pajamas for Adam and Ava to open on Christmas Eve, so after we got home from Memaw’s we read our devotion, which was the story of Jesus’ birth, and then Adam and Ava opened their gifts.

IMG_92021

After getting ready for bed, we left Santa cookies and a glass of milk and it wasn’t but a few seconds and Ava completely passed out! It works out that we are so busy on Christmas Eve because it makes for one tired girl that night, which means Santa can come early ;)

IMG_90041

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Christmas Eve

This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Eve

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service