This Page

has been moved to new address

Birthday Festivities

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Birthday Festivities

Monday, May 27, 2013

Birthday Festivities

IMG_0435

On April 26th, 2013 I turned ahem-28-ahem… I’m seriously flipping out about turning 30 in 2 years… This year my license was up for renewal, and I waited until the absolute last moment to renew it. I couldn’t find my birth certificate so I spent the day before my birthday running around like crazy trying to gather up the necessary documents to renew. Its crazy how much proof you have to show in order to renew- ugh! I couldn’t keep my old one either… which I only wanted for the picture- something I thought was horrible, but after 10 years pass, you realize it didn’t look that bad, so here’s hoping I like this picture in 10 years- ha!

The weekend before my birthday, Adam’s mom graciously had us over to celebrate me. Yes! Everyone had to celebrate me! Winking smile

bdayIMG_2046

That night (April 25th) was also the NFL draft. Which let me just say I am going to pick a day and declare it ‘Stephanie Day’ and it will be a national holiday for my family- I always get the short end of the stick on my birthday and Mother’s Day… my birthday falls right around the draft (it was actually on the first night of draft last year) and Mother’s Day is the weekend of The Players- I’m an afterthought will both those events…

** I should note that I had a tiny celebration of my own when Adam informed me they moved the dates of the Draft- they must have gotten that letter I sent letting them know they needed to move it.

Anyways, so this year, we headed over to Jason and Jenny’s, right after we finished with bootcamp (another post for another time), so I literally had time to run home, shower, wash and dry my hair, which I contemplated coming with it wet, but my hair just doesn’t do well with the whole air dry thing, so I thought better of it. You see its got just enough body in it to curl, but not in the tight pretty curls, more like the I’m not sure what we want to do and I’m going to fight with each strand over being curly or straight so no one wins kind of body…its just not pretty. I do feel I should mention I didn’t straighten it to help excuse the mess it still is… and now that you just read to many lines on why my hair looks like it does I should get back to the story. So we were over at their house and we even filled out our own draft sheets, which I think Adam ended up guessing the most correctly, but lets be honest, I didn’t even know most of the names, because, who cares?! I only remember Jaguar players names?

IMG_3786

We had pizza and Jenny attempted her boiled peanuts- which Adam didn’t call the dead sea peanuts this year- she did much better on them this time! And she was sweet enough to make these delicious s’more cupcakes in honor of my birthday. She knows I love anything associate with s’mores! Too bad I had just spent an hour-ish working out and couldn’t keep myself from remembering that with each bite I took- but at least the bites I took were worth it Smile

IMG_0456

Monday night we went over to my parents house to celebrate me and my sister. You see, I don’t get a solo celebration with my family- my sister, albeit 4 years later, was born a week after my birthday and since she’s the baby, well all you older/oldest siblings know how that goes Smile haha!

IMG_0458IMG_0459

Ava had been preparing for my birthday dinner all day by helping mom and she couldn’t/wouldn’t tell me the secret surprise that she had helped pick up from the grocery store. It was so cute and sweet to see her keeping the secret from me, even while I teased her and tried to persuade her to tell me what it was!

IMG_0461IMG_0468

The following Friday night, Adam took me out to eat at my favorite restaurant- J. Alexander's. I had been looking forward to this meal for a long time! Adam loves their crab cakes, I love their veggie burger and couscous, and we always split their mac and cheese. This time we also ordered onion rings. Hey if you are going to be bad, you might as well do it right, right?! We nearly died when they brought out this tower to us! Needless to say, we didn’t finish all of them or our meals, but oh my it was delish!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Birthday Festivities

This Page

has been moved to new address

Birthday Festivities

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service