This Page

has been moved to new address

Easter Sunday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Easter Sunday

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Easter Sunday

IMG_4634

I mentioned in my earlier post I was making shirts, but I thought I would explain that a little better. You see, Littlefield wasn't being rented at the time and I suggested it as the place we hold Easter, I mean the chances of it not being rented during a holiday this side of the family gets together isn't real great- so why not enjoy it while we can. It actually ended up being even more fitting because of Memaw passing away. (I will eventually finish my post on that...) So while we were eating after her funeral, several of us girl cousins came up with the idea to turn it into a family fun day and have some competition, we even came up with team names! So the only natural thing to do was create shirts! I had finished my crew's shirts so I graciously helped Kirsten with hers. This is what my living room looked like by the end of the night (or early in the morning- I think we finished about 1:30!) Ava stayed up with us and helped as well- she was so excited about everything.

IMG_4635

We even have official team flags!

IMG_4640_1IMG_4643_1

Kirsten ended up staying the night but since Adam was playing at church we  had to leave much earlier, so I woke her up before we left and surprisingly she made it to church- on time! I was a little concerned she would go back to sleep after we left :) Before we left I was able to snap a few pictures of Ava- I couldn't miss taking them of her in her Easter dress.

 

IMG_4645_11

 

IMG_4648IMG_4649

After church we bee-lined it for Littlefield. Ava changed into another Easter outfit and we walked out to the dock.

IMG_4653

She insisted I take a picture of her "bunny tail"

IMG_4655

Everyone was such good sports about wearing their shirts- it really turned out to be so much fun. We had the sisters get together for a picture and we told them to look fierce... I saw this picture of Aunt Ann and couldn't help but laugh- I still chuckle when I see it.

IMG_4656

IMG_4657

Everyone set about putting together our volleyball court, setting up horseshoes, and getting the fishing supplies out.

IMG_4658

The weather was perfect, some were even a little chilly, but we couldn't' have asked for a better day!

IMG_4666_1

The whole clan!

IMG_4667_1

We are a sight aren't we?!

IMG_4661_1

The Fachko Family- aka The Cuban Raft Riders

IMG_4669_1

The Stokes Family- Vicious & Delicious

IMG_4672_1

The Hagan Family- aka The Cow-Tipping Dwarfs! (I just thought I should put this out there- this family is usually one of the largest, but due to several being out of the country and Uncle Bill, Aunt Debbie, Jacob, Leah, and Caden hadn't made it yet- so we had a good time teasing them about their measly little group!)

IMG_4673IMG_4675

Ava was most excited about hula-hooping. She has gotten really good at it- Emma is really good as well and even had two of them going at one time. Luckily for Dylan, I snapped a few shots of him hula-hooping, and just to let you know- he was good at it- that is need to know information!

IMG_4677

Uncle Don even played volleyball with us- and he even dove for a ball- I looked up and saw him rolling on the ground! Moral to the story: You aren't ever too old to dive for the ball!

IMG_4678

IMG_4679

Most of our family came ready to play, but two of the tallest ones (I'm looking at you Adam and Stacey) didn't come join our forces, so sadly we lost our game against the Cow-Tipping Dwarfs (which consisted of Uncle Bill, Uncle Stewart, Hannah, and Uncle Don- you tell me how that makes sense!- ha!)

IMG_4680_1IMG_4682_1

Adam was too busy fishing to come help his family- he has been told more than once he is the reason we lost- I think we've started making him feel bad- so he has promised to redeem our team (and his name!)

IMG_4683IMG_4684

IMG_4689IMG_4691

IMG_4692_1

Apparently we are a very competitive family- Aunt Debbie and Melissa decided to go head-to-head... literally! They started having pushup and headstand competitions.

IMG_4693IMG_4694_1

We may have to apply the Vegas rule at these events, and what happens at Family Fun Days stays at Family Fun Days..

IMG_4695

We were so busy having fun, we forgot about hunting eggs, and shame on me- I didn't bring a single egg. Luckily, Aunt Kay to the rescue!

IMG_4696

IMG_4698

IMG_4700

It was just Luke, Ava, and Emma hiding eggs, so they each ended up with a bunch of eggs. Emma is always so good with Ava and Ava just adores her!

IMG_4701

In addition to their prizes inside their eggs (including money!) Aunt Kay handed out goodies to all three of them. Plus Ava received a Crayon Maker from Stacey & Maxx and a big bag of surprises from Auntie Roro- its like Christmas every holiday for this child!

IMG_4702_1

We had wanted to come up with this great idea for a trophy- something totally tacky- and then I thought about this figurine (is that what it would even be called?) that was Memaw's- Everyone knew it was Memaw's since they had all seen it throughout the many times they have visited with her. I thought it would be perfect- a little piece of Memaw as the trophy? One that will definitely have a story? One that will make us laugh and perhaps cry at the same time? Perfect! As far as this year's winning time? Well, it was the Cow-Tipping Dwarfs, but make no mistake, we will be ready for you guys next time!! Get ready to hand over that trophy!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Easter Sunday

This Page

has been moved to new address

Easter Sunday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service