This Page

has been moved to new address

Disney Day 3: part 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Disney Day 3: part 2

Monday, April 29, 2013

Disney Day 3: part 2

44785640098

Before our appointment at Bippidi-Boppidi-Boutique we decided to try and squeeze in a few visits with the fairies and Tiana

44785640099

Ava hasn't ever seen the fairies so she was excited to meet them. She wished Periwinkle had been there, but was just as thrilled with Rosetta and Tinker Bell

44785640101

They are always so good with kids- Rosetta and Ava were discussing her Disney charm bracelet (that is just about full thanks to all of our visits!!)

44785640102

4478564010344785640105

4478564010644785640109

 

4478564011044785640111

 

44785640112

 

4478564011544785640116

After visiting the fairies we headed over to where Tiana would be. Ava asked to see her shoes?! I'm not sure why, but she did, and she showed them to her! haha! Ava also told her that we were staying in one of her rooms and she asked us all about it- asked if we got her letter she left for Ava and if we saw the fireworks! Ava was on cloud nine! :)

 

44785640118

44785640119

After visiting with Tiana it was time to get 'dolled up'.

4478564012144785640122

Roro, Aunt Ann, Uncle Scott, and Elyse rode Space Mountain and then met us over at the castle.

 

IMG_4238

After the BBB we headed to eat at Belle's castle. Ava had been talking about this since we went last time. She said this was one of her favorite parts of the trip- and the funny part? she didn't even eat any of the food, I had taken her some food since she doesn't really eat anything at Disney (I'm not complaining- its easier on the pocketbook!) so we ordered our food and she at from the lunch/snack bag.

IMG_4240

The main eating area is decorated just like the ballroom in the movie and then you have 2 other smaller rooms- one is the west wing and the other is like their study.

 

IMG_4241

IMG_4255

After lunch it was time to ride a few rides. I have retired from the teacups officially so Daddy and Elyse had to take the plunge.

 

IMG_4256

IMG_4258

We rode Buzz Lightyear again and Aunt Ann received the top score of 999,999 so she received a button naming her as the Galatic Hero! haha!

44785640173447856401754478564017644785640177

 

So funny story, well, now its funny, at the time it was some of the worst moments of my life!

We were riding Buzz shooting all the targets and my camera slides off my lap, well I had been wearing the strap so I didn't even try to grab it and the next think I know I hear a couple thuds and realize my camera has fallen out of our car and is laying on the ride. I immediately yell to the 3 cars behind me who have my family members in them and by the time each realized what happened, they were past the camera.  I was literally almost in tears- Adam was furious at me (you know, because I meant to do it...) And guess what snaps a picture...

44785640174

Yep- here it is...

So as soon as I get off the ride I immediately go to the cast member working the ride and tell him and he said he couldn't do anything about it until the park closes that day. I'm not sure why I didn't press him harder, I was just in panic mode and thinking keep the camera I just want the pictures off of it because I can't replace those! (of course, the best possible scenario would be to get both my camera and the pictures) On top of someone maybe stealing the camera and loosing the money and pictures, I also wouldn't have it for our dinner reservations in Cinderella's Castle.  So Adam and I decided to go on a recovery mission, we hopped back and in line and hoped no one else had seen the camera and grabbed it in the mean time, Aunt Robin, Aunt Ann, and Mom stood guard watching as people came out to see if they had my camera- I mean because it was the only black Canon camera with a black strap out at the park that day...) As we were getting on, we noticed a Cast Member getting on with a flashlight and pick-up stick in hand and I knew exactly what he was doing- looking for my camera. So I was a little less concerned, but we still wanted to make sure we got it. I'm so glad he was a couple cars in front of us and we saw him pick up the camera, do you know how sick I would have been if we had come around that corner and it wasn't there? The horror!! So we saw him get it and we finished out our ride and it snapped a picture like this...

44785640178

Someone was feeling much better.... haha!

As soon as we got off the ride we bolted to the guy and I said- that's my camera, that's my camera! I'm sure he thought I was crazy! Apparently Roro had tracked down a manager, explained the situation and in typical Disney fashion (which apparently the other guy needs  a lesson in) the guy completely understood and went to get it for me, I even offered him some money and he wouldn't take it- I would have offered him everything I owned (except my camera) in order to get it back! haha!

Special thanks to our recovery mission task force...

447856401794478564018044785640181

We wanted to be sure we had plenty of tries to grab it should the first car miss it! haha!

IMG_4259

Ava eventually fell asleep, but she was too concerned about getting her hair messed up, this is how she finally succumbed! I did lay her down carefully and we succeeded in getting a good nap while still keeping the hair intact!

IMG_4260

We sat around and rested/talked and tried the infamous Dole Whip while she napped.

IMG_4293

After she woke up we rode a few more rides and Elyse was able to ride on her favorite character's ride from when she was younger- Winnie the Pooh! Growing up, we always associated Pooh and Elyse as one- she loved that guy!

After riding rides it was finally time for our final treat of the day- dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Disney Day 3: part 2

This Page

has been moved to new address

Disney Day 3: part 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service