This Page

has been moved to new address

January Fun

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: January Fun

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

January Fun

The month of January provides a much needed slower pace for us. It’s a welcomed relief from the busyness of the Holidays the months before so I always look forward to January (not that I don’t enjoy the holidays). Since I’m so far behind and out schedules have been picking up, I’m going to attempt to recap January in one post. It works since I typically give my camera a break and I only have my phone for pictures.

IMG_0038

One night in January, we joined Brody and Trevor for a trip to Ollie Koala’s. Brody had received an excellent report card and it was his choice to head out for a night of fun. I didn’t take many pictures and what I took, were taken with my phone, but I managed to get a few cute ones. Trevor and Ava riding in the Tonka truck…scare thought when these 2 actually hit the road driving Smile

IMG_0039

IMG_0041

A friendly competition between the guys Smile

IMG_0042

Boys will always be boys!

IMG_0043IMG_0044

 

IMG_0061

We took Ava to the beach, she had been itching to go and the weather was fairly warm, it actually ended up being kind a cool for the beach once we go over there, but she didn’t mind and had so much fun playing in the sand.

IMG_0062

IMG_0063

She surprised us all when she said she wanted to play in the water.

IMG_0065

And she did, I know she had to be freezing, but she didn’t let it stop her- she just had the best time!

IMG_0067

IMG_0078

Adam and Jason started playing basketball on Tuesday nights, so one night, Jenny and I left early and took the kids to Chick-fil-a for craft night. They didn’t want to slow down long enough to pose for a picture, but you know us moms, we had to document their birds they made!

IMG_0090IMG_0092

 

Usually each Christmas, Ava and I take a girls trip to Build-a-Bear, we also use that time to finish up presents for Daddy for Christmas,  but this year it just didn’t happen, so I promised her we would go after Christmas. We made a pretty Rapunzel bear, of course!

IMG_0094IMG_0096

 

IMG_0099

After build-a-bear, we took Daddy to one of his favorite places to eat- Firehouse Subs, where Ava became an honorary Fire Chief!

IMG_0104

We took Brayden (our neighbor) for a spin in the Barbie Jeep. She had gotten a little braver on the thing and few times I had to hold my breath and then tell her to slow down or watch where she was going! IMG_0105

The kids at the basketball games, cheering on the Dads!

IMG_0106IMG_0110

Like Papa, like granddaughter!

IMG_0115IMG_0116

 

We had game night at Jenny & Jason’s and one of the games we love- Quelf- makes you do crazy stupid things. I usually describe the game to people like this: If you aren’t close to the people you are playing with before the game begins, you will be by the time it ends! One of the things I had to do was let everyone style my hair anyway they saw fit. There had been mentions of duct tape- I’m glad they stayed away from that and when with the painters tape! ha!

IMG_0117IMG_0118

I just love Trevor’s face in the picture above- all the kids thought we were crazy!

IMG_0119IMG_0121

Not too long after I had my hair styled, Jason had to be wrapped up in toilet paper like a mummy. The funny part of this game is that you usually have to leave your new look on for the remainder of the game- its always so funny. This game is the epitome of  the saying- it isn’t about the destination, its about the journey because I never remember who wins, but I always remember playing the game!

IMG_0126

We went out on Adam’s dad’s boat and invited Jason, Jenny, Brody, and Trevor. We just had the best time riding. They kids enjoyed going super fast while sitting at the front.

IMG_0131

Ava took her turn driving Smile

IMG_0132

IMG_0135

Silly is their middle name!

IMG_0136IMG_0137

Ava finally has enough hair to blow in the wind- she thought it was so funny!IMG_0139

We were all putting a long looking for dolphins and lo and behold, some came up right next to the boat, like reach out and touch them close- Jason happened to be sitting at the front of the boat and it actually scared him. They came up out of the water and he didn’t know what it was! They were so close they might have jumped into the boat with us!

IMG_0142

It was a beautiful day- the way a Saturday should be spent- on the water!

IMG_0152

One night after getting out of the shower I walked out and found Ava curled up in our bed just like this- so sweet!

IMG_0158

Daddy – Daughter tea parties are the best (and sweetest!)

IMG_0159

January is also the month that Ava fell into the pool while she and her daddy were outside one day. Poor thing was freezing, but we made such a big deal about how she knew exactly what to do, and swam to the side and got out, even with all her clothes and shoes on that she quickly stopped crying and was proud of herself! I was too worried about getting her out of the wet, cold clothes that I didn’t take a picture, but I should have! lol!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous ftugvurtu said...

Awesome website...

[...]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[...]…...

April 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: January Fun

This Page

has been moved to new address

January Fun

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service