This Page

has been moved to new address

Mart Days

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Mart Days

Monday, August 19, 2013

Mart Days

IMG_5380_1

Each year we have a group of girls that get away from the every day responsibilities of life and have a trip that consists of every girls favorite things: Food, Fun an SHOPPING!! We look forward to this every year and not surprisingly our group keeps growing. We are at our limit though now, so someone is going to have to drop out before we can add anyone else!

*Also, apparently, this year- orange is the new black- we all color coordinated but didn’t plan it! haha!

IMG_0898

Caroline is going to be a senior this year, she has come on these trips for the last 5 years and swears next year she will be back, actually, she said there isn’t anything that would keep her away from this trip…but we will have to see how college plays into the picture Smile

IMG_0897

Jenny, Lisa, and I shared a room. We stayed at the Hyatt that was just a couple blocks from the Mart, so easy walking! By the way, can you tell we don’t take selfies/mirror pics! Smile

IMG_2429

Ava loves playing dress-up…and I mean LOVES it! Each year at the mart I pick her up a tiara to play with, well while I was looking at all the tiaras, we found these that were about $100 wholesale…yes $100 WHOLESALE. So naturally Jenny and I decide to try them on. We were too scared to take them out of the package for fear something might happen, but we still got a shot with them on! I think they look good on us and that we totally should have bought them… I mean, it wouldn’t be normal for a girl to walk around wearing one of these as an everyday accessory?

IMG_5386_1

We always eat at Mary Mac’s Tea Room whenever we come to Atlanta and it doesn’t ever disappoint, except for the fact we were able to seat all 18 of us together at the same table. Sad smile

IMG_5383_1

Matt and Meghan joined us along with Matt’s parents, I’m pretty sure either Matt and his dad felt pretty lucky or really weird! haha! 2 guys and 16 girls?!

IMG_0905

It’s become a tradition to eat here and its always good food and sweet tea! I get a vegetable plate, mostly because I don’t eat meat, but there are way too many good sides to add meat into the mix anyways! I actually had her scratch the pecan pie for dessert, even though now I’m wishing I hadn’t…haha! I was way too stuffed I couldn’t even eat all my meal!

IMG_0906

I love this girl, she’s so much fun!

IMG_2436

We had seen these people walking around with these balloons and wanted to find one for Ava, especially since they were giving them out for free. We found the booth on the 2nd day and I had to carry it around the rest of the time we were there- thank goodness it was later in the day!

995918_538274756208077_172150317_n

After two days of shopping, you work up an appetite! I am never one to go for a chain restaurant and our original idea for a place to eat the second night wasn’t able to get us, I suggested Antico pizza. It was such a fun experience- I’m so glad we went!

1012403_538274679541418_1966047749_n

You get there and you stand outside until there is room for you inside (fortunately it was a nice evening). The wait took maybe 15 minutes, even though we had a LOT of people in front of us. When you get to the front you order an pizza from the menu- and this is authentic Italian pizza, so half the words I didn’t know what the meant. You also couldn’t make changes.

IMG_5398_1

We ended up ordering a margherita pizza, a lasagna pizza, a margherita (with pepperoni) pizza and their best selling pizza- San Gennaro pizza. They brought it out quick!

1000085_538274492874770_1918196554_n

You sit together at random tables, and we lucked out and were able to get the only large table they had all to ourselves. We actually had to wait for a few people to leave, but they left shortly after we arrived and didn’t mind us taking over their table.

IMG_5405_1

We all at the pizza quick! It was delish!!

IMG_5408_1

This will probably become a place we visit each year as well. We are going to have to stay longer just to hit all of our places to eat.

IMG_0911

I didn’t buy as much jewelry this year. I actually bought shirts and dresses and I have loved every single one! I also didn’t buy a whole lot for Ava, this was the first year we didn’t bring her back very much. She’s kind of out grown the sizes they carry for children…she is getting more into the next level of the children’s department, which makes me really sad Sad smile I did bring back a few surprises, it just wasn’t outfits.

20130819-063147.jpg

While I was away, these 2 spent some quality time together. They headed to Fernandina Beach to ride bikes and had a good time. They even managed to beat the rain Smile

20130819-063137.jpg

I love cell phones! I was able to get pictures of my 2 favorite people and I think Ava Face Timed me no less than 15 times while I was away. Poor thing, she wanted so bad to be in the middle of all the girl stuff! She would call and just sit there on the phone watching everything. haha! Ava has been upset she can’t go, but the rule is you have to be 12 or older. (Not our rule- the Atlanta Mart rule) Every now and then she will tell me she wishes she was 12 and when I ask why she says, so she can go to the Mart with me and all the girls. I on the other hand, would like those years to pass by slowly!!

Its always such a fun time and even if we didn’t find such great deals or anything we even liked, it would still be a trip we would take each year- its nice to get away and have fun- just us girls!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Mart Days

This Page

has been moved to new address

Mart Days

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service