This Page

has been moved to new address

Mother’s Day 2013

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Mother’s Day 2013

Friday, May 31, 2013

Mother’s Day 2013

IMG_4757_1

For the past several years, the day before Mother’s Day, Adam and I spend at The Players. This year was no exception and Jenny and Jason joined us. It was a nice day but it ended up raining at the very end, so we had to leave early. Normally, we would have waited it out, we have in the past, but this year Adam checked and it was going to be a good 2-hour delay, so we opted to leave. It’s a nice day for Adam and I to spend together and I tried my hardest to avoid seeing Tiger, but you know we had Jason and Adam with us, so I’m pretty sure you all know how that ended….

Mother’s Day is notorious for long waits at overcrowded restaurants and last year was absolutely miserable for me. When you have a little one, no matter how good she is, it takes a lot of the fun out of it, plus, I’d rather go out to eat when I can really enjoy it, so Mom and I racked our brains trying to come up with something to do and I finally just said for everyone to come over to our house. The number kept growing and we ended up with 12 people, but I tried to keep it as simple as possible, and if you know me, it was a struggle! I didn’t even get matching plates and napkins- we used leftover Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Birthday plates and napkins! What?! You don’t even know me anymore?

IMG_4758_1

I woke up at 5 that morning to put some pork in the crockpot and finish 2 desserts- needless to say by the time we got home from church, I was ready for a nap! We tried to keep it really simple so the moms wouldn’t have to fix anything much. Mom brought some side she had picked up from the chicken house and Mrs. Karen brought chips- quick and easy. The pulled pork turned out good (of course I wouldn’t know since I don’t eat it, but that’s what I was told) and we had more desserts than we had regular food, which is always a sign of a good party, am I right?!

Nana surprised me and brought me a carrot cake. I tried to hide it from everyone, but I ended up feeling a tad guilty and allowed others to have some Smile She had promised me some for my birthday and completely forgot, of course, Adam should have reminded her, but I’ll take it anytime she offers it!

255492_10151627077735446_1178146546_n

We had a nice time with everyone, Adam’s parents, my parents, Nana, Stacey, Maxx, Aunt Roro, and Meggie who flew in for the weekend. After everyone left and I finished cleaning up I took a nap, something that hasn’t happened in a long time, and hey, it was Mother’s day- so I felt like I deserved it, right?!

Then I talked Adam into taking his truck through the mud, I told him we had to try out the 4-wheel drive, right?! Oh my word, that boy doesn’t have any country in him! haha! He hated it! I told him I wouldn’t ask him to do it again, as soon as we made it back up town he went straight to wash it- haha! At least we know the 4-wheel drive works, I just doubt we will ever use it again!

abbymintmain_1024x1024

Adam and Ava bought me a new camera bag that I had ever so casually suggested to Adam via email a week or so before :) They hadn't even started selling them yet, but you could preorder- so that's exactly what he did! Yay! I've since gotten it in and I love it. I wanted something a little smaller than my other one, its more of the size of a normal purse and its perfect to carry when I didn't want to carry all my stuff. I love my other bag by the same company, so I knew this one wouldn't disappoint, its just big enough! Adam and Ava both helped make it a perfect Mother's Day- I'm so thankful to be her mom!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Mother’s Day 2013

This Page

has been moved to new address

Mother’s Day 2013

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service