This Page

has been moved to new address

Ace Convention/Island of Adventures

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Ace Convention/Island of Adventures

Friday, December 10, 2010

Ace Convention/Island of Adventures

 IMG_8511

We had an Ace convention in Orlando this fall so naturally Adam and Ava both accompanied me. This is Ava’s 2nd convention, the first one being a year ago and I think she has the book written on how to work the show floor (and I mean work as in how to get all the free stuff). As a little girl, my cousins and I ran up and down the 30-something isles looking for kid-friendly vendors who were just dying to give me something and now Ava is doing the same.

IMG_8515 

This year she had her cousin Caden to help. I can only imagine what it is going be like in another year…..oh boy!

IMG_8516

At the M&M both, they had  simulator with Kyle Bush’s car and you could hop in and race…Adam came in like 12th….of 14….haha! Who knows where he ended up by the end of the show! (Adam is not a Kyle Bush fan- but of course it wasn’t go pass up the opportunity to race.)

IMG_8518

The fun part of the convention for me wasn’t the race car- I know- surprise! surprise! It was the jewelry booth. We visit it everytime and this year, they let us try on a very special piece. It was an $88,000 ring- yep- 5 karats! I didn’t take a picture- but I should have….I think someone in the group took a picture though.

IMG_8520 

Adam,Ava’s Gigi, and Ava’s Meme took turns babysitting while I had to work, its neat to think that Ava has the Ace blood in her as well and she might be doing the same thing- several- several years from now :)

IMG_8523

Adam’s birthday is the first of November so we let him pick where he wanted to eat, and of course he picked a musical place. We went to BB King’s House of Blues where we could eat and listen to a band. The band actually came out and sang a song dedicated to Adam for his birthday- he felt pretty special.

IMG_8527

Probably the best part of the trip for everyone was on Friday night. Ace usually does something special and everyone is invited, last year we went to the Georgia Aquarium after it had closed to the general public. This year we went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. The neat thing about this is that is is after hours and only Ace owners/employees and vendors that are allowed to come. That means a lot less people. There were no wait times for the rides, which makes it really nice. Adam rides roller coasters- I do not, so he and his dad and my dad went riding, while Ava, Gigi, Meme, and myself made our way to Seussville for Ava to have some fun. She loved riding the rides.

IMG_8528

Here she is riding the merry-go round with her Gigi and Meme

IMG_8529

She is getting too big to quick! She enjoyed these rides so much better than the fair rides…I can’t help but think it has to be because she knows there is a big difference in the people who put them together :) She also loved the train ride.

IMG_8530

I had been telling Adam for a while that it was going to be a fun evening and I don’t think he quite understood just how much fun it was going to be. Going to a major theme park and not having to wait in lines, drinks are free, and you get $20 to spend on food or merchandise- sign me up!

IMG_8533

I always remember these trips from when I was younger and I hope Ava will remember them as well. It’s definitely a treat not everyone can experience!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Ace Convention/Island of Adventures

This Page

has been moved to new address

Ace Convention/Island of Adventures

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service