This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Sunday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Christmas Sunday

Friday, January 25, 2013

Christmas Sunday

IMG_2990

 

Christmas Sunday we decided to go to Access Church. It has been a year since we left. They moved to a new campus and it was even further way (it would take us about 45 mins- to an hour to get to the new location and they were going to 2 services, which would me more time spent at the church, which isn't normally a problem, but when its an hour drive away it just isn't practical. Plus I knew that if we were going to be involved it wouldn't be the wisest thing to do. It is one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make. If I were to be honest, we miss that church and those people so much! Adam and I both wish there was some way we could make it work and we probably could right now, but as Ava gets older we knew it would only become more difficult.

The worst part was leaving my small group girls. I loved those girls dearly. I cried and cried leaving them- I still get teary-eyed when I think about them (I am right now!). I started with them the end of their 3rd grade year and now they are 7th graders- growing so and beautiful girls- inside and out! Frankly I was a little bitter that I wasn't going to get to watch them grow up- I still plan on having a front row seat at their graduation 5 years from now...(hint! hint! girls- I expect that reserved seat!) :)

IMG_2996

Naturally one of the first things I did was try to find the girls. I knew they were serving during the first service and would be in the Transit for the second service, so I figured I would definitely catch them at some point. Luckily I caught a some before the service and we stole Sara from her job in Waumba Land for a few minutes afterwards. It did my heart good to be able to hug them again! Ava was of course just thrilled to see the girls and her old Waumba Land teachers. Mrs. Lynn will always have a special place in her heart.

Adam still plays at Access about once a month, so he sees everyone at least that often, but it was a nice idea to celebrate a special Sunday with a place and people who are special to us. Now, if only we could tie a rope around the place and pull it closer...

IMG_2997

 

After church, we headed downtown for the Jaguar game. Ava was excited her buddies Brody and Trevor were going to be there. She loves going to the Jag games (despite our horrible season) but it is wayyyy more fun with her friends beside her!

IMG_2490

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Christmas Sunday

This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Sunday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service