This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Happenings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Christmas Happenings

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas Happenings

Keeping in line with our Christmas lights theme of this year, wait? it wasn't our theme? hmmm...someone should have mentioned that to me on like December 1st!

Adam, Ava and I headed out looking for some of the best displays around town. This house was in Springfield, it was one of Ava's favorites. This house and the one on Crystal Springs Rd that had an animated light display.

IMG_2859

 

This one in particular had so much to look at- we sat there for a while looking at everything and I'm certain there were a few surprises we missed.

IMG_2913

 

Ava gave these cute gifts to her teachers at school for Christmas. I wish I could say I came up with the idea all by myself, but that would be a lie. I saw it on Pinterest, of course. She helped me pick out the candy and I printed off the Redbox logo and wrapped ti around$2 and stuck it inside with some chocolate and popcorn.

IMG_2914

Ava also told me what kind of drinks to get. Her teachers thought it was something else when she knew exactly who drank what kind of drink. The had a good laugh about it with her when I told them how she was with me in the grocery store and asked her what each teacher, by name, would like for their drink and she told me exactly what they would like- she was right with all of them and it even worked out great that one of them had forgotten they drank their last coke that morning, so she opened it a little earlier than her movie night and drank some for lunch! :)

 

IMG_2918

 

Our elves: left to right: Adam, Ava, Stephanie

We took some time one afternoon to color our own version of Twinkle Toes :)

IMG_3011IMG_3012IMG_3016

 

 

We are always so busy for Christmas that we don't take the time to make cookies from scratch for Santa. (Sorry Santa!)

When my child would just rather decorate anyways, its an easy choice to get the pre-made cookie dough and let her go to town the sprinkles. Somehow I'm pretty sure Santa doesn't mind!

IMG_3017

IMG_3023

IMG_3028

Regardless of using pre-made cookie dough, there are plenty of other things to make/bake for various get-togethers, Ava and I are sure to wear our matching 'Hostess/Hostess-in-training' aprons.

IMG_3033

 

Speaking of being busy. Ava is supposed to be taking a nap one afternoon while I'm busy cleaning up, and this is what I walk in her room to find.... there is some napping going on in here but it isn't by the one who was supposed to be napping and her room isn't getting much cleaner...ha!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Christmas Happenings

This Page

has been moved to new address

Christmas Happenings

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service