This Page

has been moved to new address

B & T's Halloween Party

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: B & T's Halloween Party

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

B & T's Halloween Party

IMG_2151IMG_2152

When I asked Ava what/who she wanted to be for Halloween this year she said Rapunzel and I am ashamed to say that I instantly (and silently) cheered. She was Rapunzel last year and loves the movie and the princess so if she wanted to be Rapunzel again, we already had everything and it wouldn't cost me a dime or any time to pull it together! Well as fate would have it, she happened to see the Rapunzel wedding dress and since she is all about weddings this year, she changed her mind from being just Rapunzel to being 'Wedding Rapunzel'. Being the excellent mother I am... called the Disney store, had them pull everything for me and hold it. I went to pick it up the next day and I have to say that even though I had to spend multiple dimes and more time than I would have liked, the look on her face when she slipped that dress on was priceless.

IMG_2156

And I know that I'm partial, but I have to say she made a beautiful wedding Rapunzel. Other good news is that when we go to Disney in February, she wants to do the Bippidi-Boppidi-Boutique and I already have the dress! Win-Win!

IMG_0958

Brody and Trevor have a Halloween party for all of their little friends and it has turned into an annual event. Adam was still sick, so he couldn't be there, but Ava was so excited in the days leading up to it she could hardly stand it.

IMG_2158IMG_2168

The kids all came dressed up, but Ava's costume didn't stay on for long, which was expected, I knew once she got there, after pictures of course, she would want play and I didn't want her to ruin the dress, plus you can't play very well in a long dress. So we changed her into some more comfortable clothes. Doug and Janan came dressed as Bro Lynn and Mrs Peggy- so funny!

IMG_2170IMG_2173

Jenny had a couple games for the kids to play and one of them I was curious to see how well the kids would be able to do it, and I was presently surprised.  2 gracious Dads volunteered to be wrapped as a mummy. They decided they wanted to compete girls against boys, so off they went. The girls needed little to no help once we told them what to do. They wrapped John pretty well.

IMG_2176IMG_2177

Tracy did step in and help them when they got to the point they could no longer reach, but they did the rest of it all by themselves.

IMG_2182IMG_2186

The boys struggled a little more, but we all know guys aren't big on attention to detail ;)

IMG_2189

The final outcome of the mummy creations!

IMG_2193

After all the mummyfiying, it was time to make some spiders! Jenny had set out all kinds of craft supplies and they kids could create whatever kind of spider they wanted.

IMG_2195

IMG_2198

They also had a scavenger hunt for Mr. Bones' bones (say that 3 times fast). They kids would get a clue in the form of a picture and then they would find another clue and bone at that particular spot. If only we could get them to learn NOT to run from one place to the next. IF I had a nickel for the number of times Jason said 'Don't run' I would have enough money to buy a nice Christmas present ;)

IMG_2206IMG_2208

After all the clues had been found, it was time to put Mr. Bones back together. They each took turns putting the bones in place and then it was time for their favorite part of the night- the scary hayride!

Ava's first venture on the hayride left her a little hesitant, this year, she was excited to go but she and Trevor both held on pretty tight to me throughout the ride, especially when the ghosts showed up :) I took some video of the ride, but since it was so dark you couldn't see anything, all you can hear are the kids screaming, and the occasional Baylie reassuring everyone that the ghost was her daddy ;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: B & T's Halloween Party

This Page

has been moved to new address

B & T's Halloween Party

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service