This Page

has been moved to new address

Opening Night of the Fair

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Opening Night of the Fair

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Opening Night of the Fair

IMG_2017

Ava has been so excited about the fair. In fact, when Adam told her that he drove past the fairgrounds and saw all the rides going us, she insisted we drive by it so she could see. This became a ritual we did each evening the 3 days prior to the fair opening. You can only imagine her excitement when it was finally time to go inside the fair!

IMG_2019

We asked Ana Brook to go with us, which was perfect. The 2 girls had a blast and they were able to ride the rides together.

IMG_2021

They had quite a few kiddie rides, which was great for Ava and Ana Brook. Plus since it was a Thursday night- there weren't any lines, so they were able to jump from one ride to the next.

IMG_2023

Of course what fair adventure is complete without a funnel cake?! Ava and I look forward to these each year, as I am sure most people do.

IMG_2026

Since it was a "preview" night for the fair, the animals and exhibits weren't open, which was fine since the girls had such a good time riding the rides and playing the the fun houses. They were like little energizer bunnies, I didn't know if they were ever going to give out of steam.

IMG_2030

IMG_2033IMG_2039

The caterpillar ride became Ava's favorite ride, she actually rode it the first time with Kirsten while Ana Brook and I rode behind them. After that she rode it a few times with Ana Brook. She's growing up so fast!

IMG_2045

IMG_2046

IMG_2049

And the fair wouldn't be the fair if you didn't run into people you knew. We bumped into Caden and he rode a couple rides with the girls. He has gotten into this phase where he gets super shy around Ava and wont' stand by her to have their picture taken. I'm wondering if its the girl he is shying away from or the camera :) Needless to say, this was the only snapshot I could get that had at least both of them in it.

IMG_2051

I was telling Ava about how when I was younger I had this pink cowgirl hat which I absolutely adored. We have searched high and low for it at our house and my parents house because I'm certain I wouldn't have gotten rid of it. I actually got it at the fair years and years and years ago, but I loved it. I would wear it and my sparkly pink boots (that sounds like it should be a song, doesn't it?) So when we couldn't locate my hat, we surprised Ava and picked one up for her. She insisted she wear it and her boots. Actually she has worn those 2 items more than anything else she owns, and she will sing 'These boots were made for walking..' as she walks around the house- its too funny!

IMG_2053

After a few more rides it was around 9:30 and we decided to call it a night, of course I think the girls would have closed it down if we had let them. And being the cool parents we are, Adam bought them a bag of cotton candy to eat on the way home- ha! I'm sure everyone thought we were crazy- in fact, I thought we were crazy- but life's just too short and we were at the fair! :)

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Opening Night of the Fair

This Page

has been moved to new address

Opening Night of the Fair

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service