This Page

has been moved to new address

Sweet Pete’s and the Library

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Sweet Pete’s and the Library

Monday, August 16, 2010

Sweet Pete’s and the Library

 IMG_4947 

There is a new candy shop that has just opened in the Springfield area in Jacksonville. It is an all natural sweet shoppe. The owner is actually the Peter of Peterbrooke. Anyone associated with that must make great candy, right? His candy contains no artificial preservatives or colorings. He also has some vegan candy and gluten free candy and it is all so delicious! When we first arrived we were give a piece of his sea salt caramel…OMG! They are addictive! We bought some caramels, some chocolate covered pretzels, and a few other pieces of chocolate and Ava got a sucker. They also have ice cream…if you live near here, you really should check it out. Plus it is a really cute shop!

36410_439226798637_371577398637_5808420_5396477_n

I mean- doesn’t that just scream candy shoppe?!

IMG_4949

After leaving the sweet shoppe, we headed over to the main library, I had been wanting to take Ava for a while, but never really wanted to devote the time to drive downtown. Since we were already downtown I thought it would be a good chance to try. They have the neatest children’s area, plus I just absolutely LOVE this library, they really did everything right with the design, it is a place even people who aren’t book lovers would want to be. Ava knew immediately what to do as soon as we walked in.

IMG_4950

The only downside was they were in the middle of storytime and I didn’t want Ava to disturb them, so I tried to keep her away from that area, but that limited us to only a small portion of her area of the library. Oh well, it is just a good excuse for us to make another visit right? I remember growing up, I LOVED the library. I have always loved to read.  I don’t have time to read as much as I would like, but I know that time will eventually come back- for now, I enjoy reading Ava her books. Ever summer mom would take me to the library and I would get a stack of books (and I mean a stack- I would check out the maximum number of books I could) and every 2 weeks I would trade them out for a new stack. Adam doesn’t like to read- he wishes he liked it, but he just doesn’t. I really hope Ava loves to read when she gets older, if she stays on the same track she is now, I think she will. She likes to read books, but her attention span is still pretty short, so it better be a picture book with only a few words :) Although, here lately she has let me read a few longer books to her, so maybe its getting better :)

IMG_4953

After walking around in the children’s area, we walked outside to the courtyard on the 2nd story that has this fountain/pool so Ava could check it out. She did not want to leave the library, but fortunately we escaped without the librarian having to “shhhh!” us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Sweet Pete’s and the Library

This Page

has been moved to new address

Sweet Pete’s and the Library

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service