This Page

has been moved to new address

Atlanta Mart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Atlanta Mart

Monday, July 26, 2010

Atlanta Mart

There are 2 big marts each year- one in January and one in July. It had been a year since I had last been, my mom and been a few times since, but the last time we went we had to sneak the stroller around because Ava was with us. Now that she is over a year old, she isn’t allowed in. Adam was just a good hubby and daddy because all it took was a little bribery (aka. Braves game) and he said he would come along and watch Ava while we were shopping. IMG_4824

I knew it was going to be a great trip when we ate dinner on the way up at the Cracker Barrel in Tifton. We had a waitress that had the biggest country accent I have ever heard.When we go to Ace conventions I always have people ask me where I am from and I say North Florida and usually their response is- “Oh, it must be that south Georgia coming out in your accent….” I hope it isn’t as thick as our waitresses was. We laughed so hard we couldn’t hardly order our food. Of course after each person ordered she would ask if they wanted “beeeeescuts or cornbread” and we would die all over again. (Disclaimer: She had no idea we were laughing at her- we aren’t that mean! I’m sure she thought it was something else we were laughing about)

IMG_4825

We had such a good time, we left Thursday afternoon and came home Sunday and crammed as much stuff into those few days as possible! Friday and Saturday we spent all day at the mart….We were tired by Saturday night! It didn’t help that Thursday night or Friday night Ava didn’t fall asleep until AFTER 3:00!!!!

After shopping all day on Friday we met Adam at the Varsity, ate dinner and headed to the Braves game, we rode the MARTA to the game- Ava wasn’t too sure what to think about all of it.

IMG_4826 

Ava did so good through the entire game, she actually ended up fall asleep about the 4th inning and waking up about the 7th. There just wasn’t enough action on the field to warrant her interest…and apparently she thought she was at a football game and she slept through halftime…Either way, she never once fussed and enjoyed watching everyone around her.

IMG_4834

It was hot at the game- every now and then a breeze would blow and it would be really nice, but there wasn’t much of a breeze throughout the game.

IMG_4836

After getting home, looking through some of our stuff we had bought earlier that day, we all got showers and went to bed…everyone except Ava and myself…apparently the child needs no sleep, we were up until after 3 again…I had a venti coffee from starbucks every morning- otherwise I wouldn’t have made it through the day!

IMG_4841

Saturday morning we all got up and headed to the mart again, Marty and Caroline came with us and Caroline was such a trooper- she hung with us and we were all impressed, we figured Saturday morning she would have ended up staying back with Adam and Ava, but she surprised us all :)IMG_4916

Here are most of the necklaces I got, I am running out of room in my jewelry box so I bought a cheap picture from the dollar store, added some hooks and ta-da instant jewelry display. It has been working out good so far. I keep my nicer jewelry in the armoire and the rest on the frame. I also added a decorative bowl and plate for my earrings and bracelets on my dresser.

IMG_4917

I like that I can see everything right there and since I hang the frame in our closet- no one sees it- and the dish is decorative enough it doesn’t seem to create a cluttered look- which I was initially worried about.

Probably my favorite piece of jewelry I bought is something called a Journey Locket.

IMG_4918 

It is a locket that you can change the pictures in whenever you want. I absolutely LOVE it. I have worn it just about everyday, especially since I can change the pictures to match what I am wearing that particular day. You can also see both the front and the back so it really holds 2 pictures. IMG_4919

Ava loves to show me her daddy when I wear it, she will point at it and say “Daddy! Mama, Daddy!!!” So cute and sweet :) They had different sized squares and round lockets and you can easily change the necklace that you have it on to a pearl necklace  or different types of silver or gold necklaces or your own necklace.

IMG_4852

After the Mart on Saturday we met Adam and Ava at Mary Mac’s to eat. It is a restaurant in downtown Atlanta that has a lot of history and good southern food. We always eat here when we come to the mart. We had a lot of fun, we were completely worn out by the time we arrived home on Sunday, but already looking forward to going back! Thanks to Aunt Ro-Ro for letting us crash her house. She isn’t in any of the pictures because she was working at the mart, but we enjoyed spending time with her after we all made it back home!

IMG_4856

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

What a fun trip, Stephanie! Your mom was telling me yesterday that Ava is going to be in a wedding soon! Girl, I have some flower girl tips for you. So long as you are not opposed to bribery ;)

July 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Atlanta Mart

This Page

has been moved to new address

Atlanta Mart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service