This Page

has been moved to new address

The Players

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: The Players

Monday, June 7, 2010

The Players

For the past 3 years Adam and I have gone to the TPC, it has become one of our Annual dates. It has been nice because you are *supposed* to leave your phones and any other noise making objects outsid (ie. distractions). I always sneak my phone in because I am too much of a worrier that no one could reach me if something happened to Ava. But because we are *supposed* to leave them, I don't use mine for fear of someone snatching it from me.

That happened to me once in high school and get this, I was on my mom's cell phone - talking to my mom! It was in between classes and I was calling to tell her I had a NHS meeting and needed her to pick me up a little later. This was obviously before I could drive...The teacher came and confiscated it and turned it into the dean's office. Well, you know me, I was all upset and Coach Green saw me and asked what the deal was- thank goodness for my family's long-standing history in this town. I remember him saying "Come on Fachko, lets go get your phone" and he walked me up to the office, asked the secretary where the cell phones were and pulled mine out. Ha! Take that Mrs. I'm-going-to-be-mean-just-to-show-you-I-can!

Can you tell I still have issues concerning this? Sharing that also made me realize I am so not cool, because I was about 15 when this happened and now days if you are using your MOM's cell phone at 15 because you don't have your own you are most certainly a loser. Now days they have them in Kindergarten- ha!-who am I kidding, Ava uses Adam's old iPhone! Albeit she only uses it for the apps we have downloaded, but she knows how to use it and that alone says something!

So, where was I? Something about distractions not being allowed....whew, talk about a distraction!

Adam and I both like golf and we really hope Ava learns to like it as well. The TPC has turned into a day for mommy and daddy to have a grown-up day, but I also know that in the next year or 2 we will be taking her with us. This year we went on Saturday and it was warm. Since moving the date from March to May they have made the experience so much hotter! One of my favorite players is Zach Johnson. He is just a likeable guy and seems to have a really good heart. (Unlike that of Tiger Woods, but I'll refrain from going down that road!) So we followed him around most of the day. Adam had a few other guys he wanted to see hit a few times, so occasionally we would skip over to where they were and watch. We had made it the 16th hole watching Zach and it was so crowded because at the TPC anywhere near the 17th green is like party central, but we managed to get within 20 ft of the hole on 16 to watch the group putt through. Both Zach and his playing partner landed in the sand trap, but we were able to watch Zach eagle it with a great shot. Golf is so much better to watch in person than on the TV. Honestly, it puts me to sleep when Adam turns it on at home...

I hope we will always be able to keep up this tradition and that it will turn from a Mommy and Daddy date to a Family date that we all enjoy.
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: The Players

This Page

has been moved to new address

The Players

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service