This Page

has been moved to new address

Pool Time!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Pool Time!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pool Time!

The weather has been great for warming up our pool. It sits directly in the sun, so I know the temperature for most of the summer is going to be about bath water temperature. It is already really warm and it isn't even June yet.

Last year I had a float Ava could float around in, this year is a different story. She doesn't want any part of any float (expect to float her baby doll and barbie around). She would rather wear her swimmies and play on the steps. I have had so much fun watching her. She has learned to kick and we are working on blowing bubbles (instead of drinking the water). Just about every afternoon (except for Wednesdays when we have small group) we get in the pool as soon as I get home from work.


Lately my mom has been keeping Ava while I am at work and while she naps my mom lays out in the pool. Last week my sister came by and they were all at our house. I came home to eat lunch and told them both I hope they were enjoying MY pool at MY expense :) as I went back to work.

It seems we have had something to do everytime we turn around. Usually it is by choice, but this past weekend we didn't have anything on the calendar so we turned it into a mini vacation of doing absolutely nothing (aside from yard work and cleaning house first thing Saturday morning). We floated in the pool, played in the pool, ate and repeated the cycle. It was exactly what I needed.
Oh and for anyone who has a pool- you can see in some of the pictures we have a black screen type fence around the pool- we call it a kid fence- not sure if that is what it is actually called- but we LOVE it. It has been so nice to not have to worry about Ava walking out the back door and falling into the pool. It isn't the prettiest thing aesthetically, but I have been so grateful for it. And the nice thing is if we ever have a party and want to take it down it pulls out easy and rolls up nice (and we can take it down and store it once she learns how to swim really well).
Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ooohhhh, how awesome to have a pool! I am jealous! I cant wait for the day we have one at our house! (my inlaws have one next door, which is awesome, but still not the same as having your own!) I am so impressed at Ava with her swimmies on! AB wants nothing to do with a baby float either and when we get in the pool and hold her, all she wants is down (she's so independant)... I need to dig out her floaties and try those!!!

June 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Pool Time!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Pool Time!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service