This Page

has been moved to new address

Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!

IMG_96721

It was around 11:00 when we made it to Grammy and Big Papa’s house and we were all ready to get out of the vehicle. There was snow all over the ground and I was excited about Ava seeing it the next morning. We ended up visiting with my grandparents and not getting to bed until 2:00 in the morning!

IMG_96931

It was snowing when we woke up the next morning. Adam jumped up and took Ava over to the window to see the snow. When we made it upstairs Ava wanted to go outside so bad! We were all still in our jammies and it was obviously was very cold outside, but I also realized that she was so excited that she would be fine for just a few minutes. We put her jacket on her and some boots and walked outside.

IMG_96831

There were 3 things that Ava said she wanted to do in the snow. 1)Ski 2)Make a snowball and 3)Make a snowman, like Frosty. I was determined to do all 3 with her!

IMG_96861

We made several snowballs and she had a blast throwing them.

IMG_97031

Ava has seen snow at least once a year- but at 5 months old I don’t think she really cared and last winter it was dark and we only stayed for a few minutes after driving 3 hours to see the south GA snow. This time there was quite a bit on the ground, it was daylight, and we were going to be spending the entire weekend in it.

IMG_97021IMG_96891

She didn’t quite know what to think about it, she kept scooping it up and crumbling it through her fingers.

IMG_96901IMG_96871

We also broke her off one of the icicles to let her hold. It didn’t last long before she threw it down. Snow is cold, but that icicle was even colder- haha!

IMG_96881

She had asked to build a snowman and I wasn’t really dressed properly, I had on my pajamas and some shoes (no socks mind you) that I slipped on, but I was determined to make the girl a snowman! As cold as I was (and with Adam and Grammy watching from inside the warm house ;) ) Ava and I built her snowman.

IMG_96961

Our snowman might go on record for the smallest snowman ever- but it did have 3 layers.

IMG_97001

This picture (below) cracks me up- it’s almost as if you can read her mind- She’s thinking- this is what you call a snowman?! haha! After giving him the once over, she asked me where his corn cob pipe, button nose and coal eyes were….I could only laugh, next year she and her daddy will see if they can outdo my snowman, of course, they have to build it in their pajamas for it to be a fair competition!

IMG_97011

All in all I think she had a good time playing in the snow. We were actually driving up the mountain one morning and out of the blue she said, ‘Look mama, it’s beautiful.’ (When I asked her what was she said the snow) Then she said, ‘I love it!’

IMG_96991

I’m so glad she loved it since snow will be involved in many family vacations we take. After playing in the snow, we ate breakfast and got ready to head to the ski slopes with our little ski bunny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service