This Page

has been moved to new address

Atlanta Mart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Atlanta Mart

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Atlanta Mart

IMG_24401

Our annual trip to Atlanta- such a fun time! We headed up Wednesday evening pulling into the Westin Peachtree a little before midnight. Its always a fun trip, but I’ll be honest- leaving Ava behind with her daddy left me feeling a little sad and guilty.

IMG_24801

Our view out the window- you can see Olympic park and 2 of the 3 Americas Mart buildings (bottom right)

IMG_24831

You could also see the Georgia aquarium and even though you can’t see any from the pictures, you could begin to see some of the mountains in the distance.

Photo Jul 14, 2 05 19 PM (HDR)1

We got up early and headed to check in at the Mart and start shopping. We decided to get there a day before the temps opened and hoped the crowds would be less. It was one of the smartest decisions we made- we hit most of the children’s stores and walked through a lot of the Christmas showrooms and stopped in a few of the permanent jewelry stores and clothing stores.

Photo Jul 14, 10 14 10 AM (HDR)1

A majority of the people at this are women, although they are a good number of guys- but the majority is still women and a large majority of that majority are southern, boutique owning women, there is just something about being around those “types” of ladies that makes everything fun…. I tried to explain it to Adam, but he doesn’t get it. Let me explain it this way, the southern hospitality is tried and true- you don’t have to worry about your bags getting stolen or someone bumping into you and not being apologetic or even someone trying to cut in front of you in a forever long line and of course- everyone is always more than willing to gab and offer any advice you ask for on what necklace looks best :)  Now, saying all of that- you will occasionally see some interesting characters- as in blue haired- patched jeans guys…. sitting in a shabby chic style showroom- interesting combination!

Photo Jul 14, 10 21 14 AM1

In addition to interesting people, you will see these crazy outfits ;) I texted this to Adam and he responded back- ‘Get it!’ haha! Sorry hunny, but I’m not sure how crazy I’ll be about pins sticking in me :)

 Photo Jul 14, 3 49 48 PM1

Of course later in the day, I texted Adam and said that Prince William proposed to which he responded, ‘Oh, that’s funny, because Kate just called’ – such love between us huh?!

Photo Jul 15, 2 51 19 PM (HDR)1

It was a full day of shopping- we literally shopped from 8:30 to 6. The second day started on the 1st floor of building 3. This building is 13 floors full of pure goodness. The 13th floor isn’t anything but children’s clothing and accessories. Brand names such as Rosalina, Feltman Bros, Bailey Boys, Doodlebugs, Mom & Me, etc. You name it- its here- at wholesale prices! We spent a majority of the day on the first floor, however. It is all cash and carry with every piece of jewelry you could imagine. Plus a couple of clothing stores- and of course- crazy busy!

Photo Jul 15, 3 29 56 PM (HDR)1

We finished most of our shopping on the 2nd day and had just a few things left for the 3rd day. Of course Caroline liked the huge flip-flop outside one of the stores :)

IMG_24411

That night- Adam and Ava surprised me and showed up in Atlanta! ( I knew when they were on their way, but was still surprised they were coming- I figured Adam wouldn’t make the trip without me since he had Ava as well) We all ate at Durango’s which is just right around the corner from our hotel. It was nice staying downtown since everything was within walking distance.

IMG_24541 

IMG_24551

She’s just too cute for words :)  I missed her so much (and Adam too! ;) )

IMG_24571

We at lunch on Saturday at the Hard Rock Cafe (again just around the corner) and that evening we headed to the Varsity and to the Braves game (you knew Adam had to have something in it for him to come, right?!)

Photo Jul 16, 9 24 07 PM

Ava and her pink Braves bat

IMG_24641

IMG_24681

Marty, Caroline, Ava, and myself- I love these girls! We had such a great time- and shared so many funny moments, a lot that isn’t bloggable (Caroline!) It’s been a long time since I laughed as hard as I did with them. I can’t help but think ahead to these trips years from now when Ava joins us- although I don’t want to think to far ahead- I already complain about how she’s growing up too fast!

IMG_24711

IMG_24761

Ava and her tomahawk just like daddy’s

IMG_24781 

I tweeted that Ava had been to almost all of the Jaguar games since she was born, I think there are about 3 she hasn’t attended, but she hasn’t ever been on the jumbotron, but her second time to a Braves game, she makes it!

Ava and the top of Caroline’s head with the sweet family that sat behind us (the little boy’s name is Luke). Luckily I had my camera sitting in my lap and I guess it was just a reflex to grab my camera and take a picture- but I’m so glad I got it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

That is so cool she got on the jumbotron. Maybe this year at the Jags game!! That place looks like a TON of shopping!!

August 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Atlanta Mart

This Page

has been moved to new address

Atlanta Mart

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service