This Page

has been moved to new address

Beach Time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Beach Time

Friday, May 6, 2011

Beach Time

 IMG_03951

The weather was warming up nicely and the water was still too cold in the pool for us to get in, so we decided to take a trip or 2 to the beach.

IMG_03871

Let me start by saying that I am not a beach person. I know, we live so close to the beach and there are so many people that would love to live at the beach, but I’m not a fan of all the sand and the stickiness that comes with the beach. I think since we have been married, I have gone to the beach about 1 (maybe 2 times) each year.

IMG_03921      

We met and surpassed that quota in the month of April. We ended up going just the 3 of us one Saturday and spent a few hours there. Ava played so good and the weather was absolutely wonderful. It was warm enough, but not to the point you sweated when sitting outside, especially with a nice breeze that came off the ocean.

IMG_04131

Another Sunday afternoon, we went with my parents. Dad has always dug these holes for us growing up. I remember him digging one so deep I fit all the way in it- over my head! So he dug one for Ava.

IMG_04111

At first she didn’t know what to think, usually you try to avoid holes, right?! But she quickly learned to like it.

IMG_04181

He eventually dug another, smaller one, joining them together so she could have a seat in her hole. She liked throwing the sand back on her feet.

IMG_04201

We also went back on another Saturday with my parents for a couple of hours. Ava isn’t crazy about the water, and she wouldn’t ever get closer than about 3 feet from the water line. She wanted to take the ‘surfboard’ out to the water, but changed her mind and started running back up to our chairs. She is a timid child :)

IMG_04221

Adam took a fishing pole and bait- I know some people love fishing, but I hate it. There are too many other things I would rather be doing than sitting there waiting on something to happen- it’s just like hunting in my book (I know I’m in the minority around these parts- haha!) There was a little excitement on this particular day for Adam. He caught a shark! And here is the scary part, it was in about 3  foot water!

IMG_05351

He and Dad ended up flipping it off the hook and letting him swim back in the water- maybe he will stay away from the shoreline?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Beach Time

This Page

has been moved to new address

Beach Time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service