This Page

has been moved to new address

Littlefield

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Littlefield

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Littlefield

My great grandmother has a house on the river. We spent many a weekend there when I was growing up. All of the cousins had such a blast playing together and sleeping in the loft upstairs. Since it was only 25-30 minutes from our house it made for an easy get away. We call the river house Littlefield. I’m not sure where the name came from, but I think I will put it on my ‘Ask Nana’ list. I’m sure it originated from my Great-grandparents.

IMG_88521

Anyways, no one is living there so when the temps dropped and we had several nights of hard freezes we needed to check on the house and pump. It sits on this huge lot and has a dock and of course a gorgeous view. We happened to be pulling in right about the time the sun was setting and I saw it when we turned down the driveway- a picture perfect opportunity!

IMG_88781

Ava was asleep in the car so we left it running so she would stay warm and I grabbed my camera and ran down to the dock. Pictures will never capture the true beauty I saw in person, nor it will they capture the birds that were playing over the water as I stood there. I wish Ava had been awake, but of course she would have been freezing standing out there on the water and Adam missed it because he was checking on everything inside the house.

IMG_88601 

Adam agreed that even the view from the house was breathtaking (I wish he had been outside with me) of course he doesn’t need any encouragement to spend more time on the water….

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

That is absolutely beautiful. WOW

December 30, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Littlefield

This Page

has been moved to new address

Littlefield

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service