This Page

has been moved to new address

Run for the Pies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Ava Elisabeth: Run for the Pies

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Run for the Pies

Pre-race photo

Run for the Pies (5k) took place Saturday night, there was a Championship race (which we definitely didn't/wouldn't/couldn't qualify for, the winner of that race came in at under 5:00 min miles...way too fast for me!!!) So, we all ran the open race that started at 8:00. Adam pushed Ava in the stroller, which I have to give him kudos for! It is very hard to run and push the stroller, I didn't realize how much it made a difference until I had to run with her a few times. I really want Ava to "roll" with us in these races, I would love for her to grow up running in them, not to win, just to stay active in life, and I think that having her tag along helps encourage that. Plus she loves riding in the stroller and watching all the runners. Of course, everyone we passed talked about how cute she was :)

It started raining in the middle of the race, I think we had just past mile marker #2, so I sat her back in the stroller and pulled the cover over her, she didn't care, she wanted to sit up in the rain. Thank goodness it was a brief shower and was over almost as soon as it started. I enjoyed the rain, it felt very good on my hot body (no, I don't mean like my smokin' body- haha!).
This was my mom's first race- she did very well- we were all very proud of her, she actually finished better than my first time! She was proud of the fact she ran the entire race, slow at some points, but she was running nonetheless.

A little dark- but resting after the race


Ava was eating my post race banana, can you tell she liked it?

Hot and Sweaty- Don't we look great!



We had a great evening and as always after every race, I can't wait until the next one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Stephanie,
I'm so proud of y'all! It's wonderful that you are letting Ava take part in your running. She is too cute in her hat.

June 15, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Ava Elisabeth: Run for the Pies

This Page

has been moved to new address

Run for the Pies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service